Lean In! Prep is a Job Readiness and Transition Services (Pre-ETS) Program with the mission to assist Blind and Low-vision High School Students in preparing for achieving long-term employment through Career Exploration and developing technical skills for business.The scope of Lean In! Prep consists of the following components:
- Job Readiness Training
- Technical Training (e.g., JAWS, NVDA, Screen Magnifiers, Microsoft Suite, etc.)
- Learning about different careers through the Career Symposium
- Launching and managing an online store
Who is Eligible?
The Lean In! Prep Program is directed at those Students eligible for the State of Michigan Pre-employment and Transition Services (Pre-ETS) Program. Lean In! Prep Explorers must be High School Juniors and above (16-18.) Lean In! Prep is designed to prepare students for the Lean In! Program for College Students, therefore Explorers must:
- Have access to the Internet suitable for virtual meetings
- Be willing to work within a team/group environment
- Be willing to participate in all Lean In! Prep activities, including group discussions, book club, Job Exploration Discussions, and other “Lifework” assignments
- Be willing to learn the technical skills required for virtual work and the Lean In! Program
- Be willing to participate in the Lean In! Prep Store Work Experience
The Lean In! Prep Explorers Will:
- Perform a Self-Assessment of skills and desires
- Receive individualized technical training in Accessibility and Business tools (JAWS, NVD, Microsoft Suite, etc.)
- Learn online and in-person etiquette and professional communication techniques
- Explore several industry areas, job roles, and career paths
- Develop an extra-familial support system
- Apply the concepts of the Workshops by participating in the Lean In! Prep Store
There is life after High School. What you receive in dollars can be complemented by a sense of fulfillment. Are you interested in developing the tools to be ready? Lean In! Prep can help.
For more information, Email us at: Info@VanwardConsulting.